When you have just started your blog, my advice would be: PACE YOURSELF.
Person A works eight hours a day for a month. They don’t make a cent. They burnout. And they give up.
Person B works 2 hours a day and after 4 months begins to show a profit. The profit is modest at first, but they continue and gradually build to a great monthly income.
You definitely want to be the tortoise NOT the hare!
As a rule of thumb:
- A blogger needs 15 posts to be even a novice.
- At 50 posts they begin to get into their stride.
- And at 100 posts, a blogger will have developed as a writer and has usually become competent with graphic design – a thing which has never been easier.
WANT TO MAKE A $1000/MONTH BLOG BUSINESS?
HOW TO START A BLOG - FREE EBOOK
If you sign up today, here’s what you’ll get:
– 34-page FREE eBook on how to start a blog, from choosing a niche to a clear strategy for making $1,000 per month.
– FREE, unlimited access to my library of freebies to help you be a successful blogger. Including exclusive blog planner pages, to free SEO checklists templates, brand persona worksheets and and much, much more!
By signing up, you also get regular updates via my newsletter. You won’t regret it! And I’ll never, ever share your information with anyone.
2 hours a day for a year is over 700 hours. And 700 hours can turn you into a professional blogger.
Little and often is better than burnout.
Make the commitment. Find the time. It will be worth it.
A side ‘gig’ or ‘hustle’ like a blog is a massive step towards financial independence and achieving your financial goals!
Blogging can be hugely profitable with almost no set up costs. Setting up a physical store in the middle of a town would cost $10,000s. You would need to hire staff, buy in products, maintain premises…
While starting a blog costs virtually nothing, and much of money you make, you keep! It is an amazing opportunity for the 21st Century.